Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about d 200 subwoofer output
John,

Think of the pre-out off/on in the main speaker set-up as two distinct, parallel sets of configuration: one for when the sub is disabled (pre-out off) and one for when it's enabled (pre-out on). Both are stored in the configuration file. It doesn't matter that the configurator always "selects" pre-out off when you re-open those settings, because that doesn't control the actual state of the pre-out when the amplifier is running - that's controlled by the Start-up mode under General Settings, and subsequently by the remote button you've assigned.

As far as the filter order is concerned: I'm not sure whether there are any one-size-fits-all rules there, rather it depends on the equipment and room. For what it's worth, I am using a fourth-order (24 dB/octave) filter on the mains and I run the sub full-range with an external box (DSPeaker AntiMode Dual-Core) doing some room correction.

One final point that caught me out: after changing the sub configuration, if you can't hear anything at all coming out of the sub (e.g. with your ear right next to it) then it might help to power cycle the Devialet. For some reason mine doesn't always enable the sub immediately after loading a new configuration. Having done that once, the configuration should "stick" properly. I never really got to the bottom of what was happening there, and it may have been sorted out in later firmware (I'm still running 7.0.3).

Ian
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question about d 200 subwoofer output - by thumb5 - 24-Feb-2016, 08:44