Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is digital audio so complicated? Where did it all go wrong?
What makes it all complicated and confusing is discussions like these and the want to be able to fully understand and explain it all. No offense! Smile

Personally I can often only understand part of it, explaining it to others is even harder. While I still would like to understand it all I accept that I, many others and often even manufacturers can't explain in all cases what's going on exactly. We can often at best hypothesize about what's going on. The result is what counts to me.

Thinking we're there and understand it all in our science (which is not the same as engineering) is naive. Again no offense. In a hundred years they'll laugh at our level of scientific understanding, another 100 years later, the same will happen to that generation etc. etc. Scientists often are, in a way, the most stupid (or even corrupt) people on earth, denying/not seeing whatever's right in front of their noses. Wink Creative thinking 'outside the box' is something -many- (so not all) scientists of our age are unable to do, their educations made sure of that. (Unfortunately I've seen it up close/been part of it for some time)

In this hobby I personally like to learn (and thus benefit) from others who've done the painstaking work of experimentation. The good work will always find it's way to the surface, accepted science and even widely adopted engineering principles will no doubt catch up later.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is digital audio so complicated? Where did it all go wrong? - by Antoine - 25-Feb-2016, 19:56