Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is digital audio so complicated? Where did it all go wrong?
I can only admit it's true, digital audio seems to make playback easier but it isn't true when it comes really to it. I am sing a self build silent PC installed with Windows 2012 server and Jriver. At first try i had build in a hifi grade USB card (JCat) and connected the PC to the Devialet this way. But the sound was lacking, while with Air there was so much more.

In my search for something to make the Devialet sounding even better i am considering products like the Melco's, these are said sounding better then air. But these Melco's seem still lacking in being easily controlled. If i understand it correctly, you still have to feed a Melco from a PC/Mac, exactly the one thing i want to remove from the link.

So for now the PC with windows 2012, Jriver and Air via ethernet have to do. At least it seems there is no white noise issue with this configuration so that's something!
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is digital audio so complicated? Where did it all go wrong? - by Bartype - 26-Feb-2016, 14:19