Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is digital audio so complicated? Where did it all go wrong?
Nowadays source and transport are equally important to me as whatever's behind that DAC and the DAC itself. Of course in the beginning bigger jumps in quality can be made elsewhere but at a certain point you'll reach a plateau. It's a classic discussion; what's more important the source or the speakers. All I know is that those speakers of mine (and I guess of many) are perfectly able to portray even the smaller changes in the area of the source even though those speakers (and in fact all speakers) have much higher distortion levels. They operate on a electromechanical level after all.

I'd like to suggest to those reasoning using textbook knowledge only, to experiment a little. I know an easy one; try to lend a Mutec MC-3+ USB or Intona USB isolator for example, put it in between your source' USB output and the Devialet and report your findings back here. I'll guarantee you: same bits, more music! Smile

OK, with all due respect, now I am really retiring from this topic. Yes I know I returned by own choice but I already regret it. There's nothing in it for me personally to convince nay sayers. In fact it's worse; it's an energy drain for me. People can all believe what they want to believe, please don't mind if I'll do just the same.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is digital audio so complicated? Where did it all go wrong? - by Antoine - 27-Feb-2016, 00:12