Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why is digital audio so complicated? Where did it all go wrong?
The Mutec MC-3+ USB can reduce jitter on a SPDIF source, as long as the source has a less good clock than the Mutec, and may improve a USB source if the clock in the receiver is less good than the Mutec.
This is straightforward and well known for decades digital technique, though the product is new. I bought one after reading about it here.
I have not done a rigorous compare with it yet, so I don't know either whether the Mutec clock + digital connection is lower jitter than the clock in the Devialet right next to the DAC or whether the jitter threshold is below audibility already if it is.

In the case of my digital recorder where the output of the ADC/DAC is audibly indistinguishable from the microphone feed, the ADC and DAC share a clock, pcb etc. and the signals are internal and short path, so best case scenario, but there are no exotic parts and no fancy box so it is less expensive than most audiophile stuff and is, I can assure everybody, completely transparent for the type of music (classical) I listen to and record (to my ears) and that has rarely been the case.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is digital audio so complicated? Where did it all go wrong? - by f1eng - 27-Feb-2016, 10:05