Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master and companion digital connections
Thanks to everyone for the answers!
My main objective is get the best of the system in sound quality, more than reliability (that's why the Ethernet vs USB question).

I've saw the poll, and seems that everyone has his preferences, so it looks more like a "subjective sound improvement" (based in sound preferences of the user) than objective and universally better.

I'll get the Devialets in 5 or 6 months when I have the listening room and house finished, and will try to experiment it for myself.
An important factor for this is that my speakers will be a second hand Rockport Atria, which my neighbour has and he will move to another country this year, so I'll get the Atrias at a very fair price, but I have to wait for that.
An interesting test could be a 100 Gbit ethernet card with an ethernet cable capable of that speed like the Audioquest Ethernet Diamond, VS a SOTM usb card with an USB cable of the same quality (Audioquest USB Diamond for example).
I'll try to test it and post the results here. Also, I'll use my studio rig (Dave Hill Europa preamps and Earthworks omni microphones) to record the performances of the Devialet with different connections and post it to Vimeo (which doesn't compress audio), so more users can get a better general idea of the sound's changes in the Devialet.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Master and companion digital connections - by InspectorBudget - 03-Mar-2016, 11:43