Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet with high efficiency speakers
(03-Nov-2014, 22:24)ogs Wrote:
(01-Nov-2014, 02:34)Charlemagne Wrote: In the demo they had trimmed de maximum output of the different Devialet amps (110, 170 and 240, by that time) to a level of 50-70 watts, claiming it sounded better in combination with these sensitive speakers.

I can confirm that this is true with my 250. At the moment I have set the power to 150 watts. The speakers I use at the moment is not of the high sensitivity type at around 90 dB/w/m. In my setup the sound is more relaxed compared to full power setting, without loosing any of the other qualities of the Devialet sound

I am surprised by this, I had assumed that reducing power (say to the maximum power rating of the speakers) in the "Max Power" section of the configurator would have zero impact on sound quality, and would simply limit power only if you reached epic SP levels that would actually start to cause speaker damage.

I might be wrong though. Does anyone know exactly what the "Max Power" setting does with respect to the amplifier performance and characteristics? I did send a query to Devialet regarding this point some time ago, the response was that you should set the "Max Power" rating to match the power rating of the speakers, which was not actually answering the question that I asked, with respect to any implications for sound quality.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet with high efficiency speakers - by Confused - 04-Nov-2014, 13:52