Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound like a 2:1 not Full Range speakers...IMO
(10-Mar-2016, 13:09)jonstatt Wrote:
(10-Mar-2016, 12:04)McChicken Wrote: Would love to hear your objective opinion

.... it shouldn't suffer at all from the 2.1 effect you described in principal.

... while in other positions they would sound remarkably close to the Kef's. There are benefits of the Kef system overall which I won't go into now. But the 2.1 effect which I believe I understand only happened when the Phantoms were positioned either too close to a wall, or interestingly, too far away from them (I assume it was just creating different humps, dips around the mid-bass area). So your evaluation may be related to your positioning.

As I said, I suspect that positioning/placement is what is causing all of your negative critique....and I have found the Phantoms are MUCH more fussy about positioning than the Kef's.

Thanks... Will experience with position / placement a bit I have previously experienced too close to walls or wall mounts destroying good speakers, that is why I do have them on stands...but also tried a reflective table surface.
I have heard that the Phantoms are positioning sensitive..contrary to what Devialet marketing have claimed.
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sound like a 2:1 not Full Range speakers...IMO - by McChicken - 10-Mar-2016, 14:10