Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound like a 2:1 not Full Range speakers...IMO
(10-Mar-2016, 12:04)McChicken Wrote: - Samson For President, the Kick-drum and it's companion the bass should get you into the laid-back groove, but the drums sounds like they are made out of plastic.
- James Blake, when the Sub-bass sound comes in his voice does not sound normal anymore.
- Ronny Jordan ( 1993), here the Bass line IS the song and it is not presented as the main part
- Tom Mish, here there should be a clearly pumping bass and that is lacking
- Whilk & Misky, here they have produced a bass and beat sound that is like an "implosion" so instead of hitting your should feel "sucked-into" the groove.
- Nao, there is no "body "
- Benji Hughes, here the drums really sound like they're made out of plastic.
- Ibeyi, this is a VERY physical song with the massive deep hit, but it's lacking.

Would love to hear your objective opinion

I had a listen through your playlist and I am now even more convinced that your speaker placement may be affecting what you are hearing as I am hearing the very things you say are lacking. The physicality of a lot of those tracks is quite obvious and I was almost getting fatigued working through the list due to othe intensity of the bass lines! The only one which I agreed with was Benji Hughes where you said the drums sounded plastic, so I then went and checked it on my Kef Reference system and found they sounded plastic there too...so I think that is just that track.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sound like a 2:1 not Full Range speakers...IMO - by jonstatt - 12-Mar-2016, 14:28