Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Distribution for Devialet
(02-Oct-2016, 06:12)TheFactsOfLife Wrote: Being a qualified (some 40 years now) electrical engineer, i pushed the boat out and install an Airlink balance transformer. Prior to this i installed a separate metal clad distribution board, and ran 16mm swa cable to the transformer. The transformer output is protected with a
10 Ma rcd and double pole 16a  Type b  mcb's, all from the MK range, sockets from this are un switched Mk logic metal clad.
I have found this to be by far one of the best improvements i have made to any of my systems used over the years.
Cost me approx £1000.00 for all the kit, but obviously a qualified electrician would be required to do the install.

That seems like much better value than bespoke Audiophile solutions.
I had a look at the Airlink website. Could you use one of the Airlink filtering transformers just off a 13a mains socket? I did completely rewire my house but in the chaos of the refurb didnt even think to spec a separate hifi spur despite it being really easy to do at that time and now dont want to rip the floor up again - at least not until they need redoing!

Based on advice I'd read in several places, I changed the double socket closest to the hifi from a cheap switched one to a (barely less cheap - still under a tenner) unswitched MK one, and it made..... bugger all difference - apart from not being able to cut the power without pulling the plug out which is actually a bit annoying IMO. If anything, it also seems to have less grip on the plug than the original (unbranded from what I can tell - whatever trade stuff the electricians used), so it may well be a 'worse' connection. But then the screws that hold all the wires in the consumer unit aren't very big either.....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power Distribution for Devialet - by f1eng - 22-Mar-2016, 22:54
RE: Power Distribution for Devialet - by Hifi_swlon - 02-Oct-2016, 09:03
RE: Power Distribution for Devialet - by Axel - 02-Oct-2016, 09:49
RE: Power Distribution for Devialet - by Pim - 17-Nov-2016, 10:55