Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Distribution for Devialet
(05-Oct-2016, 06:01)Tremayne Wrote:
(04-Oct-2016, 09:32)I audio_engr Wrote: Have you tried to plug-in your Devialets and then swap [ Phase & Neutral ] and then - hear the amps ??

Its easy to carryout this "check" using Schuko terminated powercords on the Devialets ...  by just turning them around ...

You'll be mighty surprised to notice the complete collapse OR the Fully developed soundstage one gets just be getting the phase + neutral correct ...

note :  Your home wiring may be correct but sometimes the power utility messes things up regarding the Phase + Neutral  ...
I haven't tried this, thanks for the tip. I'll give it a go, although "just" persuading the Shunyata PCs to turn through 180 deg. may not be so easy.

Colin, get a cheap stock pc, cut/saw off the earth connector and then check in which position of neutral and phase amps
sound the best. If its different from from your Shunyata pc you got two options. Switch the cables around inside the dev if that is possible or, alternatively, at the socket inside your power conditioner. Do that for all components.
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power Distribution for Devialet - by f1eng - 22-Mar-2016, 22:54
RE: Power Distribution for Devialet - by Axel - 02-Oct-2016, 09:49
RE: Power Distribution for Devialet - by Duomike - 05-Oct-2016, 07:05
RE: Power Distribution for Devialet - by Pim - 17-Nov-2016, 10:55