Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Distribution for Devialet
(16-Nov-2016, 22:27)Confused Wrote: Having discovered the 'electric' screwdriver test trick, I have checked the phase on the various mains sockets in my room.  Much to surprise, they all correctly show 'live' on the fuse size of the plug.  If you are wondering why this is surprising, my house was built in the late 70's, and some of the things that happened in UK house building in the late 70's ('house bashing', as it was known) left a lot to be desired.  My own brother was in a team of guys doing electrical installations on new builds in the early 80's, only one guy in the team was a qualified electrician, and I know that a lot of what was done was perhaps a little suspect.  However, my own home is fully correctly phased and safe as it should be, oh the joy!

Good news for you. Here in Germany there is no standard which pole of your powersocket belongs to live/neutral. We bought our house 7y ago and I can see the live-wire on different poles even in one room...sloppy eclectricians.

If Devialet build their amps to british power installations standards you are a lucky guy. But does Devialet believe in sound differences of 'power phase positioning' in the first place  Huh  no, no, that can not be  Big Grin

You've got to test it...with your ears.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power Distribution for Devialet - by f1eng - 22-Mar-2016, 22:54
RE: Power Distribution for Devialet - by Axel - 02-Oct-2016, 09:49
RE: Power Distribution for Devialet - by yabaVR - 17-Nov-2016, 10:36
RE: Power Distribution for Devialet - by Pim - 17-Nov-2016, 10:55