Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power Distribution for Devialet
(17-Nov-2016, 10:55)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Aren't the discussions above all irrelevant because so many recordings are out of phase as well? And that's why Devialet have the 'invert phase' option so you can change phase on the fly as per recording?

Eemhh, no. You mixing up things. The phase you are talking about is the absolute phase of the music signal. Imagine a sine curve. You can start the signal a the first knot or the second hence 180° phase shift.

Phase on the powerline is a different theme. You can actually measure it with a multimeter. Therefore you have to isolate grounding on the powercable of the component you measure (or have youreself an altered measuring-powercabel). You switch on your component and measure the Volts between 'Case-Ground of your component' and the 'Ground of Powersocket'. It can be high amounts of Volt. This current is meant to be even out the 'Grounding Potential' of your component to 'Grounding Potential' of your powerline. The position of your power plug measuring less Volts is the correct phase-position. One more point...you have to unplug EVERY cable from the component you are measuring because of grounding finds even other ways to ground. 
Anfortunately some components can not be measured accurately with a multi because differences are too low. You have to hear them. 
And remember all components have to be pluged with their right phase. Otherwise you will hear minor differences with only one plug reversing.

Phase is just the use of the same term for different tasks.

gui

edit:
I think I've messed it up. With the term component I actually mean something like the Devialet (a hifi-component) and not an electrical component on a circuit board.
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin

Messages In This Thread
RE: Power Distribution for Devialet - by f1eng - 22-Mar-2016, 22:54
RE: Power Distribution for Devialet - by Axel - 02-Oct-2016, 09:49
RE: Power Distribution for Devialet - by Pim - 17-Nov-2016, 10:55
RE: Power Distribution for Devialet - by yabaVR - 17-Nov-2016, 12:02