Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone kept old system just for stability?
I never used to turn my gear off just felt better letting it breath - and most failures are on power up - so why do it.... I have gotten in the habit of turning the phantoms off when not in use. Aside from the power savings as an added benefit (2 phantoms and a dialog consume nearly .25kwh sitting idle) I've achieved what would be basic expected, stability.
Since the time I put everything on Ethernet and on an Isolated network and Reboot daily, I RARELY have issues I can pin on the Devialet gear, other than UNIMPLEMENTED functionality.  One would hope they are serious but I'm not seeing it yet.

I hope a daily power cycle for my audio gear, like that old crusty WIFI AP, to fix random glitches is not the new normal.   But ya -it seems to be....  its a bit disconcerting to wonder if the right sounds are going to come out at any moment if you have not rebooted your speakers recently.   I have several systems, but more for where am I doing. i.e. mobile, theater, listening - The Phantoms are part of that family, but I still have an older 2.1 system OFF - rather than the usual - standby - collecting dust now.

I do miss the days before I was wondering if my speakers are going to work.  and having 1 remote. Though if your ok with getting just the right setup and not changing it and power cycling then no particular issue here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone kept old system just for stability? - by scotthar - 30-Mar-2016, 07:55