Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magico S1 or S5 + Devialet 200???
(14-Jun-2016, 16:53)NickB Wrote: Just to throw a hand grenade in here, if you think the S5's are good with a D400 you should try them with a D800. The difference is not subtle in any shape or form.

Totally agree with NickB. 800s work extremely well with my S5s. Prior to Magico's I had Wilson Duettes.  When I upgraded to dual mono D-Premiers the leap in SQ with the Duettes was very obvious - weight, soundstage, dynamics etc. Without sounding like Jeremy Clarkson, you can't go wrong with more power.
The price hike with Magicos has got silly - it happened before the S5 MkII. That said, with the new model out I expect you may get a bargain with a second hand MkI. Whatever the SQ advantages of the MkII I think they have ruined the lines with these ugly outrigger feet - just something to stub your toe on!
Devialet 1000 Pro; Magico A5 loudspeakers; Metronome T3a Signature CD Transport; dCS Network Bridge; Kuzma M turntable; Kuzma 4Point14 tonearm; Koetsu Sky Blue; Benzmicro LPS; Audioquest Vodka Ethernet; Transparent Reference Digital RCA-RCA; Transparent Reference XL MM2 speaker cable; Transparent Reference mains cable; PS Audio P5 PowerPlant; Artesania and Finite Elemente equipment racks 
North Somerset, UK     

Messages In This Thread
RE: Magico S1 or S5 + Devialet 200??? - by KIBM - 15-Jun-2016, 21:32
RE: Magico S1 or S5 + Devialet 200??? - by Mka - 15-Jun-2016, 21:59