Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magico S1 or S5 + Devialet 200???
(16-Jun-2016, 09:41)KIBM Wrote:
(15-Jun-2016, 23:11)NickB Wrote: Yes I agree, I have tried many ported speakers and not really been happy with any of them. All suffer with over emphasis of bass in certain parts and bad room reactions. The S5's are the best behaved speakers I have heard and will not be leaving here any time soon.

Likewise. They also look great in blue! I had been a Wilson man for over 15 years before the Magico's. The Wilson's are great and I still love what they do. However, they do require room to breathe or the bass just gets out of hand, especially in pokey brick built UK homes. No regrets.

+1 for the blue! I'm a big fan of the S5 and would even consider the mk2 as an upgrade path from my Sasha 2s. 

My Sashas benefited considerably from a stack of GIK corner bass traps, in the two corners behind the speakers. Since then very good indeed even with SAM @ 100%. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Magico S1 or S5 + Devialet 200??? - by Mka - 15-Jun-2016, 21:59
RE: Magico S1 or S5 + Devialet 200??? - by GuillaumeB - 16-Jun-2016, 10:07