Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magico S1 or S5 + Devialet 200???
(16-Jun-2016, 10:07)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(16-Jun-2016, 09:41)KIBM Wrote:
(15-Jun-2016, 23:11)NickB Wrote: Yes I agree, I have tried many ported speakers and not really been happy with any of them. All suffer with over emphasis of bass in certain parts and bad room reactions. The S5's are the best behaved speakers I have heard and will not be leaving here any time soon.

Likewise. They also look great in blue! I had been a Wilson man for over 15 years before the Magico's. The Wilson's are great and I still love what they do. However, they do require room to breathe or the bass just gets out of hand, especially in pokey brick built UK homes. No regrets.

+1 for the blue! I'm a big fan of the S5 and would even consider the mk2 as an upgrade path from my Sasha 2s. 

My Sashas benefited considerably from a stack of GIK corner bass traps, in the two corners behind the speakers. Since then very good indeed even with SAM @ 100%. 

Guillaume
Hello Guillaume

I loved the demo of the Sasha 1s and really wanted it to work in my room - it has a more 'dramatic' sound than the Magico's - not bright or forward and fantastic imaging - everything I've loved about Wilsons. However, the bass was just too Hollywood in my wee room. I had the S5s and the Sasha's in my room for over a week thanks to Pedro and the AS crew - essential to make the right decision (I'll never forget when they burnt the clutch out of their van trying to reverse the lot up my steep drive. Smoke everywhere - memorable). 

Strangely SAM makes very little difference to the S5s - I just leave it at 100%

Kevin
Devialet 1000 Pro; Magico A5 loudspeakers; Metronome T3a Signature CD Transport; dCS Network Bridge; Kuzma M turntable; Kuzma 4Point14 tonearm; Koetsu Sky Blue; Benzmicro LPS; Audioquest Vodka Ethernet; Transparent Reference Digital RCA-RCA; Transparent Reference XL MM2 speaker cable; Transparent Reference mains cable; PS Audio P5 PowerPlant; Artesania and Finite Elemente equipment racks 
North Somerset, UK     

Messages In This Thread
RE: Magico S1 or S5 + Devialet 200??? - by Mka - 15-Jun-2016, 21:59
RE: Magico S1 or S5 + Devialet 200??? - by KIBM - 16-Jun-2016, 10:38