Poll: When did you buy your first Devialet Integrated amp?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
1.23%
1 1.23%
0%
0 0%
1.23%
1 1.23%
4.94%
4 4.94%
6.17%
5 6.17%
14.81%
12 14.81%
33.33%
27 33.33%
27.16%
22 27.16%
11.11%
9 11.11%
Total 81 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When did you buy your first Devialet Integrated Amp
Happened to be reading some info on Stereonet (Aussie Hi-Fi Forum) and there was a pair of D200's for sale. Didn't buy these, but got reading about Devialet and liked what I was reading.

Went and listened to a D120, while also listening to the new PS Audio BHK 250. Really liked the sound of the BHK over the D120, but this was more to do with the set-up (the BHK are some great amps). I had a Parasound A21 amp, and had just bought a Sanders Sound Preamp when I got a phone call from the old distributor who had a pair of D200's & D250's left prior to going to the new distributor. Won't print what the old distributor said about Devialet (^#$#*>{:%#), but would add that he only had good things to say about the actual units (he thought they were great, but had nothing good to say about Devialet, and now I understand why - they are absolutely rubbish at customer support worst I've had).

Was thinking about the D200's or one D250 when I called him to try and see if he could do something with the prices, but he couldn’t budge (they were good prices for new units). He had just that day had a trade-in on a pair of Matte Black D-Premiers and said they were going for a really good price (actually said the Matte Black were cheaper than what he could do for the standard Chrome finish). Tried my hand with offering a discount on the D-Premiers and the Distributors customer accepted my offer (verrrrry happppppy with the price).

So glad I bought the D-Premiers and out of the merry-go-round of DAC/Preamp/Amp, with the one box solution of the D-Premiers. Not only do they sound great, but also the Matte Black pair looks really good on my display unit (a lot more discreet than the standard Chrome finish).

So except for a short listen to a D120 (not a great set-up either) the only thing I had was the info I read on-line (and some great advice form a few guys on Stereonet).

Don't want to get into it here, but if it was only on the Devialet support experience I would neeeeeeeeeeeeever recommend Devialet to anyone, but for the actual units they are fantastic.

Oh yeah, bought them February 2016
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)

Messages In This Thread
RE: When did you buy your first Devialet Integrated Amp - by Celts88 - 08-Apr-2016, 18:21