Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D200 not very good sounding at low volume
(26-Apr-2016, 06:57)Rodney Gold Wrote: You have to have wireless to use the Cell ap for volume ..ie a router
Duo .. have you ever tried Roon and Tidal .. a must get if you do wireless

I have a few pals with duos and 1 with trios and basshorns... most of them use realively flea powered valve amps to drive the speakers..surprised you bought the devialet..
rodney, thanks for the info re the wireless stuff. No intention to use tidal or similar in the future. I pay around 70 cents per gb i download. Makes much more sense to download the music i want and pay only one time instead of everytime i listen! Besides my internet connection sometimes is very slow.

My previous amp,a tact millenium, is a one box solution like the dev and sounded great into the horns even at low volume (no digital volume control). In fact i had a guy over once to my place who was driving his duos with a flea power amp. He commented how much better my system sounded than his.

Before I bought the dev i was concerned about the digital volume feature. Playing with digital amp and room correction since '99 i'm aware of the negative effects of digital filters, digital attentuation and digital tone control.
I asked here in this forum about the sound at low volume level and everybody said dont worry, dev is perfect etc. this thread is the prove!

Anyway, now i got the amp and I'm happy with it as long as i crank it enough.

Love the sound of tubes. Would like to hear lamm set on my horns but i think i would have to spent at least 50k to get anywere near the sound of the dev at high volumes. Also do not want to tweak 3-4 pieces of gear with cables, isolation platforms etc.

Why dont you take your dev to your avantgarde buddies someday. Make sure to reduce the output to 30 watts and pay load enough so that volume will be below - 20. I think your buddies will get a surprise!
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner

Messages In This Thread
RE: D200 not very good sounding at low volume - by Duomike - 26-Apr-2016, 08:03