Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D200 not very good sounding at low volume
Gryphon is a high power ss amp, exactly the wrong amp for horns. Buddy of mine had trios with bass horns once and initially he used big 350 watt tenor hybrid amps on them. First time i came to listen was blitzkrieg, volumes of more than 100 db. I knew why he was cranking like crazy. Amps sounded like shit on low volumes.

Not familiar with the union research amp but from  your descriptions it does not sound like flea power either. Anyway, very confident both guys will get a shock when you bring your dev over.  Last time i was in singapore i visited the avantgarde dealer. He had the latest omega duos set up in a very nice room driven by very expensive audio note gear. Listened for a while. Told him how much more resolved , musical involving and refined my duos sounded with my digital amp ( tact millenium) than his sytem. The guy was not happy. But it was an unfair comparison. Tweaked the heck out of my duos and his were totally stock.

With volumes of less than - 10 you do not need to worry about the negative effects of digital attentuation
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner

Messages In This Thread
RE: D200 not very good sounding at low volume - by Duomike - 26-Apr-2016, 09:13