Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oxford Audio Consultants - Saturday 4th June
Likewise great to see a few here today.  Smile

I spent most of my "listening" time in the dCS/800/Blades room. This room sounded very very good indeed. I noticed there was lots of other goodies: Stillpoints and Entreq and the new Chord Music speaker cables.

I was hugely impressed by the dCS Vivaldi Upsampler and Clock. Thanks to Liam of dCS we were treated to a wide range of up sampling and conversion combinations, so for example from redbook 44.1 to DSD, MP3 to DSD, 44.1 to 192 etc etc.

What was most impressive was when Frank streamed some lovely Barber/Joshua Bell from his iPhone to the Upsampler via Airplay. This was subsequently converted to DSD by the Upsampler. What a wonderful sound! (Thanks for the music tip Frank, just purchased and downloaded the album on Qobuz.  Smile )

Tidal was also streamed with conversion to DSD and was most impressive.

In fact... I'd say this dCS up sampling technology is a game changer. Once Roon is fully integrated it will be a very exciting (and expensive) option.

Thanks to the OAC team for being such great hosts. And to Liam from dCS.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oxford Audio Consultants - Saturday 4th June - by GuillaumeB - 04-Jun-2016, 19:35