Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
microRendu - Sound Quality observations and comparisons
Yes, each to their own when it comes to the type of system that individualy we like.

Since having my D-Premiers I'm really enjoying not having all the additional boxes and cables, and hence looking at the Antipodes as essentially a 2 box solution (attached to my D-Premiers). My D-Premiers don't have USB, but with the Antipodes having option of AES (which is a dedicated card built specifically for Antipodes) really think this could be a good substitute for the lack of USB connection on my D-Premiers.

I've already got a Curious USB cable so covered that way, but also have a MIT Proline Digital Reference AES cable so would be covered for using this from Antipodes to D-Premier.

The one spanner in the works (good spanner) is the possible new "Upgrades" coming for the Expert range (D1000plus???). It may be worth hanging on a bit longer to see if the upgrade rumour is true, if the D-Premiers can be upgraded (hope so), and the overall cost (I have a pair so would cost a fair bit to get both done).

I had actually bought a 2nd hand Antipodes DX, but just as it was about to be posted the guy's wife dropped it and he now has to have it looked at. So back to the drawing board and hence my question about the microRendu.

Appreciate your feedback, and that's the beauty of these forums, we get actual hands on advise, not salesman advise.
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)

Messages In This Thread
RE: microRendu - Sound Quality observations and comparisons - by Celts88 - 16-Jun-2016, 09:34