Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
microRendu - Sound Quality observations and comparisons
(17-Jun-2016, 11:19)octaviars Wrote:
(17-Jun-2016, 09:47)ogs Wrote:
(16-Jun-2016, 09:57)GuillaumeB Wrote: If someone lends me their microRendu I could try this out and compare to my current totaldac setup. I already have the sonicTransporter.  Wink 

Guillaume

This is actually very interesting as it would tell if the microRendu performs better than Vincent's built-in CuBox.  Hope someone in the UK can lend you a microRendu!

The problem with this is that you would also compare USB vs. AES as the totaldac only has AES output and as many think including me the Devialet sounds better with AES input, just my opinion.

Not necessarily. The mR would connect via USB to the totaldac re clocker and output to AES. In which case we are comparing mR to cubox.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: microRendu - Sound Quality observations and comparisons - by GuillaumeB - 17-Jun-2016, 11:31