Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
microRendu - Sound Quality observations and comparisons
(17-Jun-2016, 11:31)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(17-Jun-2016, 11:19)octaviars Wrote:
(17-Jun-2016, 09:47)ogs Wrote: This is actually very interesting as it would tell if the microRendu performs better than Vincent's built-in CuBox.  Hope someone in the UK can lend you a microRendu!

The problem with this is that you would also compare USB vs. AES as the totaldac only has AES output and as many think including me the Devialet sounds better with AES input, just my opinion.

Not necessarily. The mR would connect via USB to the totaldac re clocker and output to AES. In which case we are comparing mR to cubox.

Guillaume

I know that you can do that, but the mR would still be going throug the USB input and it's implementation and the internal signal would go directly to the re-clocker so perhaps not a fair test but I can be wrong about this......
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Messages In This Thread
RE: microRendu - Sound Quality observations and comparisons - by octaviars - 17-Jun-2016, 11:38