Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
microRendu - Sound Quality observations and comparisons
So why are they recommending/selling the iFi? Because it offers probably just about the best performance you can get for a low price. The microRendu is a low cost item and will be used in low budget systems. If your whole system costs £1.5k or if you are using a microRendu for a mini system in your kitchen, the iFi is surely just the job? If you want to push the boundaries of performance in a more revealing system, spend more on a top notch PSU.

I did start thinking that this was off topic for the microRendu sound quality observations thread, but maybe it is not. Now we have a few microRendus in use with Devialet's, it would be interesting to read SQ comparisons from those moving from the iFi to better PSU's. Oh, and I've ordered an iFi with mine..... Currently I see the microRendu as a bit of a punt, will it stay in my system for a significant time? I'm not sure yet, but if it looks like it's a keeper, then I will treat it to a better PSU, but the iFi will do for now.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: microRendu - Sound Quality observations and comparisons - by Confused - 19-Jun-2016, 11:06