Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
microRendu - Sound Quality observations and comparisons
(19-Jun-2016, 11:06)Confused Wrote: The microRendu is a low cost item and will be used in low budget systems.  If your whole system costs £1.5k or if you are using a microRendu for a mini system in your kitchen, the iFi is surely just the job?  If you want to push the boundaries of performance in a more revealing system, spend more on a top notch PSU.

I'm not so sure Confused. To me several hundred pounds for a renderer is quite a lot of money and given the way it has been positioned and marketed I suspect it will end up in many high end systems - as we are witnessing here. If I were running a budget system I would probably look to use something like a Raspberry Pie or Cubox.

Given the fact that it seems as though this thing is very sensitive to mains noise, I would probably think about starting off with a "budget" LPS rather than use the iFi which Amir has shown injects a fair bit of noise into the system confirming Antoine's worst fears about the device. A device incidentally that I've bought too.  Blush

I seem to remember reading a fair number of complaints relating to the iFi iPower on PFM.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: microRendu - Sound Quality observations and comparisons - by GuillaumeB - 19-Jun-2016, 18:24