Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
microRendu - Sound Quality observations and comparisons
(09-Jul-2016, 16:52)Confused Wrote: ...
 Today, I had some free time, so could do some critical listening, as well as some back to back testing with the only real benchmark I have at home, Windows AIR 2.1.3.  The short version of this is that AIR 2.1.3 and the microRendu sound very similar.  

Of course the Mutec should in theory offer improvements in other areas, which together with a more appropriate PSU should be a combination that outperforms AIR comfortably. To be continued.....

Interesting detailed write-up and surprising (though reassuring) that two completely different delivery mechanisms can sound so similar.  

I understand you're a PC-user and so perhaps can't easily try it but AIR 3 offers very significant SQ improvements over AIR 2 which, based on the observations you've made, should put it ahead of MR/iFi.  As you've said, MR can obviously be optimised further with power supplies (and cabling) whereas with AIR tweaking is limited to cabling/router/router PS (which may or may not make a difference Smile  ).
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Messages In This Thread
RE: microRendu - Sound Quality observations and comparisons - by PhilP - 10-Jul-2016, 10:13