Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
microRendu - Sound Quality observations and comparisons
Nice report Confused, enjoy! Smile

My experience thus far in this 'finding the best source' game has been that the biggest -tonal- character changes have been in the bass department. With tonal character in this case I mean the apparent frequency response thing, so more/less bass/mids/treble etc. Of course there's lots of other areas's with different types of change as well of course (areas like apparent noise floor/'blacks', separation, soundstage, focus, etc. etc.) but I've gone from reproduction characters of being bass shy/thin, to overly bass heavy (this last one especially during the first hours of use of the PH PSU) and everything in between. This even while I'm using a very well respected active subwoofer (which I never touched in the proces).

It seems to be the hardest part to get/balance right with lots of trial and error involved. Quality of the power supplies seems to have a great effect here as well. A linear PSU for example resulted in a more powerful/dynamic bass compared to when I used my JCAT battery PSU which gave a more 'rounded', laid back, less exciting character.

Experiencing it yourself/experimenting, like you are doing now, is the best way to see what works and what doesn't and it also hugely helps to understand the experiences of others. Though they might not always be identical (we all differ, as do our systems) there is a 'leitmotiv' in many of it.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: microRendu - Sound Quality observations and comparisons - by Antoine - 23-Jul-2016, 12:16