Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comparison between Wilson Benesch Vector / Sonus Faber Olympica II / Kef Reference 3
(02-Jun-2016, 15:10)Bartype Wrote: Yeah i think it will be very interesting. My room isn't that big though, so i think the Vectors are the most interesting party here. But hen again, the mind and ears need to be open to all possiblities :-)

You are absolutely right about keeping an open mind (and ears) about what you are going to hear. Also very important to follow up with a demo in your own listening environment  - surprising the effect that the acoustics, and furnishings, in your own room can have on the sound. A further note about the Wilson-Benesch speakers - well my ACT1s anyway - is that they do not leap out at you in any one particular way. They are certainly far from "hi-fi", but present a very relaxed, transparent, open sound that you (or at least I) can sit and listen to for hours. Some speakers I have heard sound fantastic to begin with but after a while sound fatigue sets in, so some prolonged listening certainly recommended - you can not always get this at a Dealers. Sorry, not intending to teach Granny to suck eggs. Anyway enjoy your listening session Smile.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comparison between Wilson Benesch Vector / Sonus Faber Olympica II / Kef Reference 3 - by brit - 02-Jun-2016, 15:35