Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July
Excellent write up from Brian. No doubt Ian G will chime in with more details tomorrow.

My feeling is that the 1000 Pro has been brought out too soon after the O d'A. The whole business just doesn't sit right with me. 

I think it's great that they are trickling down all the new technologies and offering a comprehensive upgrade scheme to existing Expert owners, but I shouldn't be thinking about sending my units back to France quite so soon; this feels more like a recall. What will return from France is an O d'A mk2 with a new base plate and power supply. 

The O d'A should have been the 1000 Pro limited edition to start with. That would have felt so much better. Instead I now have the knowledge that there is a better model in the range. I can upgrade to it, sure, but it might take 6-12 months to get there. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July - by GuillaumeB - 13-Jul-2016, 23:56