Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July
(13-Jul-2016, 23:26)Confused Wrote:
(13-Jul-2016, 23:20)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Thanks very much for the write up Confused. I rate your story telling skills somewhere between astonishing and jaw dropping.  Tongue

The fact that the ADH hardware is already installed in the O d'A... does it still need to go back to France for the upgrade of the class D amp? I guess it doesn't matter if it has to go back for the new PEM/power supply anyway.  Huh  

I just checked the Devialet site and there's no new firmware / configuration for the Pro yet. I find this a little strange. They have a working Pro at Oxford Audio yet they don't have the firmware / config files for it. So, if someone would have bought one today they would have to keep it on factory settings. Hmmm...

No...   The 1000 Pro at Oxford today was Devialet's.  Oxford Audio are getting one for stock & demos, it is due to arrive 'soon'.  So there are none actually for sale / immediate collection yet.  I'm sure the good folk at Oxford would accept a deposit though.

Oh, and don't forget the O'dA needs to go back for the new solid copper base as well.......

Actually, thinking about your O'dA Pim, it will have travelled about twice around the planet but the time you have it at full Pro spec! Huh

I don't see the use in a two step upgrade when the major upgrade is the streaming facility. So I'll most likely live with it for a year before it leaves for Paris.
BTW, it's been picked up in Hamburg Germany, had a stopover in Arnhem the Netherlands and has now flown out of Liege Belgium to who knows where. ETA the 22nd....I'll be out for work by then  Angry
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July - by Pim - 14-Jul-2016, 03:46