Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July
(14-Jul-2016, 07:34)wikeeboy Wrote: Disappointing that the DAC is no different to the expert series. IMO the amplification of the Devialet is it's strong suit, but the DAC is a weak point. Surely there have been SQ improvements to make in that area?

I don't know how you can be sure the DAC is the weak part when you can't separate it from the amplifier. I know Devialet have made some mistakes with regards to communication and AIR is only just about 'fixed' but if there's one thing I do trust them in it is knowing what makes a better sounding amp. After all, the whole reason for us all buying one is because they sound so damn good.  And, as we know, it's not the individual parts that make these amps sound so good. It's the implementation.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July - by Pim - 14-Jul-2016, 08:42