Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July
(14-Jul-2016, 07:56)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(14-Jul-2016, 07:34)Teliaved Wrote: Appart from the Cooper base, the ODA is a 1000Pro limited edition, and both are getting a streaming board next year.

What is the best option sound wise: copper plated or full copper?

The 1000 Pro has a brand new 4000W peak power supply. My guess is that this will play a key role in the improved performance over the O d'A.

I must say even the streamer board coming next year doesn't sound right either, they've had how long to sort out a new network board since the original Duet board?! Especially with all the issues surrounding AIR and requests for a simplified UPnP offering. 

I remember a few months ago when all the rumours were circulating re the new 1000 model some of us actually thought that the O d'A already had a new streaming board!!

Guillaume
One positive for O'dA owners is that from what was said yesterday it would appear that the new ADH implimentation is one of the main drivers of the increased performance.  This will be delivered by firmware update, the hardware is already in place.  It will be interesting to get feedback from the Od'A users on this one, with the firmware update they will experience the ADH improvements as a discrete update, how noticeable will this be?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July - by Confused - 14-Jul-2016, 09:17