Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July
(14-Jul-2016, 16:23)nicoludio Wrote:
(14-Jul-2016, 15:27)IanG-UK Wrote: He also explained that the theoretical optimum mix (but practically unachievable) between A and D was 0% A and 100% D; but that the changes had moved them from 2%/98% to 0.5%/99.5%, improving precision by a factor of four.

Thanks, Ian, for the detailed report.  

What does the theoretical optimum mix of the ABig Grin ratio of 0:100 mean?  Does that mean that the Pro series require less Class A output than before to produce the equivalent power output (when compared to the existing series)?

I am trying to understand the concept of precision having being improved by a factor of 4 as well

My technical understanding is limited. I draw parallels with the Quad current dumping approach where the slight B imperfections were filled in by the precise A part. So I assumed the point was that the absence of need for any "D" correction was ideal in theory buy not deliverable in practice. so what was 98% D with a 2% A contribution now becomes 99.5% D and 0.5% A - so the correction has reduced by a factor of 4 meaning the precision has improved by a factor of 4. Beyond that I'm lost.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July - by IanG-UK - 14-Jul-2016, 17:14