Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July
(14-Jul-2016, 22:41)Zappydev Wrote:
(14-Jul-2016, 17:07)IanG-UK Wrote:
(14-Jul-2016, 16:23)Bwaze Wrote: Thanks for the reports!

Was there any clarification about "discount for recent purchasers of Expert line"?

Nothing said about that - sorry!

Thanks to all those who reported on this event.

So: they can come up with a new amplifier design in 6 months, but they want another year to sort out streaming ?

And no mention of the crappy remote app, that does almost nothing ? That must be the easiest possible thing to improve, but doesn't even get a mention, presumably because they couldn't charge megabucks for it.

I am surprised that anyone is even considering putting another penny in the pockets of these shysters. Big on promises, but very small on delivery.

Time to move on, I think.

I would prefer they take their time with the new streamer and deliver something mature than have some half assed solution.

As for moving on; where would you move on to? If (and I know it's a big IF) this streamer works out then it would be hard to find anything that will beat Devialet. At any price.
When you think about it, Devialet is like a really hot but demanding girlfriend; You really don't want to be bothered with her demands but there's something about her that makes you want to come back for more.  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July - by Pim - 14-Jul-2016, 22:59