Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July
Picking up on the above does actually remind me of something that was discussed at the launch event.  I was talking to Devialet's Mathieu Pernot about the new streamer board, and I asked if the long term plan was to use this new board as part of a medium term plan to make AIR obsolescent.  The answer was a very clear no, going forward the Expert range will continue to feature AIR and AIR will be supported.  OK, regulars on here will know the history and frustrations with AIR, but how about a moment of optimism.  The new Windows AIR should be arriving in beta form in a couple of weeks.  Time will tell if it is a step forward.  However, looking at other posts, there has been feedback that Devialet are recruiting additional resources to work on AIR, and I presume other software issues.  OK, the obvious response to this is that they should have done this years ago, it would be difficult to argue against this point.  

But hey, we can't change the past, we are where we are, and if issues like this do get the correct recourses and planning going forward, maybe better things are coming?  (coming soon)

How optimistic am I feeling today! Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July - by Confused - 15-Jul-2016, 07:26