Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July
(15-Jul-2016, 07:26)Confused Wrote: .. I asked if the long term plan was to use this new board as part of a medium term plan to make AIR obsolescent.  The answer was a very clear no, going forward the Expert range will continue to feature AIR and AIR will be supported.  

I doubt they'll ever drop it as there's pride at stake. And think of all the marketing material that would need re-printing. Plus they probably did grab one of the best acronyms for it. (well, maybe not for the wired version)

I think most people having suffered would be very happy if it worked reliably for everyone, even if it took longer than the development of three incarnations of the a Expert line itself. Even just for moving on physiologically. But most would probably be ecstatic if the streamer board supported RoonReady or a host of other alternate technologies so they'd never have to use AIR again. Life's too short - why go back to something you know might cause trouble when you've already found a rock-solid solution. Lots of people are moving to Linux servers too, so in a sense a Win/OSX transport is becoming a bit 'old fashioned' in audiophile circles anyway.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July - by Hifi_swlon - 15-Jul-2016, 07:52