Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July
(15-Jul-2016, 08:14)Confused Wrote: My optimism has just taken a hit!  (it did last nearly 40 minutes though)  It has just occurred to me that on Wednesday Devialet effectively said, 'pay £5k, for this you get an upgrade and the lovely new streamer board, by the way, you can't have the lovely new streamer board unless you upgrade, the upgrade program will last from September to December 2016, we will not give you details of the streamer board and there will be no opportunity for you to evaluate the sound quality of the streamer board until 2017.'  Ummmmm...... Huh

A pig in a poke?! Big Grin

Why should anyone trust them after all these months of not fixed AIR problems and poor communication?! AND: the option of streaming right from a NAS has been promised years ago. As I mentioned: just the same concerning room correction. No one is talking about this feature anymore.

Against your information that the new streaming board will never ever obviate AIR, my information from Devialet was totaly contrary (as you know). They told me, that the idea is to remove Air from the talking part between Roon and Expert. In the end Roon on an iDevice (or whatever) could adress/pilot the Expert.

So it seems to be always the same in Paris: one does not know what the other says Confused

A lot of pigs in a poke, I guess though Undecided

AND I don´t believe, they will stop the upgrades at the end of the year 2016. They wan´t to earn money with it. So why should they stop? They just want everyone to upgrade as fast as possible. Do they really think they can take their costumers for idiots?

No good idea Dodgy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July - by Nightmare - 15-Jul-2016, 11:08