Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July
(21-Jul-2016, 02:11)RebelMan Wrote: You say you are not naive and I've accepted that.  However, if you have done your due diligence none of the issues you speak of should have been unexpected. This is a young company playing with state of the art technology and anyone exposed to these conditions should well be advised that growing pains and missed opportunities are more often the norm than not.  Those that get it right the first time, and that is rare, very rare, are to be praised and the rest understood.  

As an early adopter none of these issues should have come as a surprise.  In fact prudence would have anticipated it.  I don't object to your (more recent) lack of enthusiasm as you appeared to have been burned but it too is uninteresting to (repeatedly) see less than productive posts about ones feelings and how we should react to them.  Don't be mislead by my join date and new to the club posting.  I've have been watching for a while and yes you are quite outspoken.  It's time to move optimistically forward rather than pessimistically backward.  Shy

Devialet was founded in 2007 and IMO grew to be really significant in 2010/2011. At that time I also became a customer. The company has changed dramatically since. I no longer buy the 'they're a young company plagued by growing pains' argument. There's plenty of examples of other similar companies where this also doesn't apply. There's a certain level of amateurism/incompetence in this company which they're struggling to get rid of. And I mean primarily on the business side though there are plenty of technical issues too. Sometimes it's like they don't know what they want to become when they grow up which results in them (seemingly) missing a general sense of direction.

I'm not moving pessimistically backwards, I'm trying to use the little influence I have through a forum like this to warn about mistakes made in the past hoping they won't be made again. I do recognize improvements, today and yesterday I've seen great examples (for the first time in five years) of their willingness to change. And I'd like them to succeed.

When posting on a forum we sometimes help others, sometimes we learn from others, sometimes we just selfishly vent thoughts or emotions. The balance is continously shifting. It's a public forum, don't like me or what I write put me on your ignore list. Temporarily or permanently. I'll respect the basic rules but won't be molded into what anyone wants me to be. You should also not forget that I have a language disadvantage, especially in discussions like these, as English is not my native language.

Edit;time to go to bed now
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July - by Antoine - 21-Jul-2016, 02:32