Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July
(21-Jul-2016, 02:32)Antoine Wrote: Devialet was founded in 2007 and IMO grew to be really significant in 2010/2011. At that time I also became a customer. The company has changed dramatically since. I no longer buy the 'they're a young company plagued by growing pains' argument. There's plenty of examples of other similar companies where this also doesn't apply. There's a certain level of amateurism/incompetence in this company which they're struggling to get rid of. And I mean primarily on the business side though there are plenty of technical issues too. Sometimes it's like they don't know what they want to become when they grow up which results in them (seemingly) missing a general sense of direction.

I would say they took the world by storm in 2010 with the debut of the Premier but weren't really significant until 2013/2014 when the performance of the Premier was surpassed and for a fraction of the original's price.  The issues troubling Devialet aren't limited to just younger companies.  There are some, more than a few actually, that have been around for decades that still have new product issues with delivery dates, performance, bugs, support and so on.  It's just that the fresher ones are (should be) entitled to a little more latitude for being new to the business.  No one is perfect and there is no question Devialet has room for improvement.  But the positives far outweigh the negatives...  I bought mine KNOWING the issues and you're still here.  Wink
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July - by RebelMan - 21-Jul-2016, 10:36