Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July
All bias and arguments apart, I think that communicating a closing window for the upgrade and not respecting it is not a small thing. To put this in proper context let's see what are the options now we new update.
We haven't seen and we haven't got any specific on the new streaming board, still we have been offered for a given time to update our gear. I have a d250 (upgrade from the d-premier) and I am lucky enough to get air through ethernet working. As whole I would be happy without upgrading again, so I could skip this new upgrade, however I could be interested in the new streaming board if it opens, for example, a better compatibility with Roon. So in a "normal" world I would wait the release of the new streaming board and decide at that point to upgrade or not. I would accept to pay a little bit more for the upgrade as I am not an early adopter. But in "Devialet world" I still don't know how long the upgrade will be open for and/or if this closing window is a real one or, as history teaches us, not.
As you can see in the specific we are talking about more than 4,000 euros decision based on a bet due to lack of communication.
Even more, until the announcement of the update I was thinking to upgrade and buy a companion and move to an 800. After this débâcle of announcement I am happy that I didn't act because the situation is completely unclear and putting another 10,000 euros without knowing what will happen would be a insane.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July - by marcor - 21-Jul-2016, 13:06