Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July
(21-Jul-2016, 20:16)MightyMart Wrote:
(21-Jul-2016, 13:18)Confused Wrote: OK - I do not want to get involved with any forum arguments.  However, one thing strikes me about some of the recent posts, in particular Antoine's comments regarding the time limits announced for previous upgrades.  At the Oxford Audio event last week, were told that the D800 upgrade program would run (or was it would 'probably' run?) from September to December.  OK, taking this at face value, it is a case of the upgrade program only running for a limited period, due maybe to commercial reasons, or practical supply reasons, or whatever.  Being cynical, it could be taken as simply one of the oldest salesman lines in the book, 'buy now while stocks last', which prays on the psychology of the buyer, replacing dithering, caution, thinking time etc. with a rapid decision to buy.

Perhaps in our new era of clear and open communication with Devialet, this will soon be clarified?

I was actually promised by my dealer that the upgrade window would not be closed by the end of the year. Instead he promised me that it will still be open under at least 2017. Maybe this is just another rumor that adds to the general confusion, but he runs one of the leading hifi stores in Europe and have been dealing with Devialet since the days of D-Premier. He also adviced me not to make any rushed decisions and wait for the launch of the finished product. It really does sound like he knows something we don't and that we will all be very surprised and happy with the end result after this grueling wait...

Thanks for sharing this Mightymart! It sounds like the right thing to do for Devialet IMO and I hope it's true so we customers can decide to do the upgrade (or not) based on a product that's actually ready and available on the market, including the Devialet OS board. Ready at least in its basis, of course the software side will no doubt be continously developed further.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July - by Antoine - 22-Jul-2016, 23:16