Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July
(22-Jul-2016, 22:36)PhilP Wrote: ...I'm embarrassed to say that I've started to type similar posts several times but not followed through. ...

PhilP,
You are very kind, as always. And I'll thank you again, publicly, for the time you took to help me in my pre-purchase days. This particular missive took me about three days to write; I'm sure I've written it 10 ways. Now I'm probably a bit late to the party, so to speak. No doubt my billable hours will take a hit too.

I appreciate that many owners have invested a great deal of money in their systems, and the Devialet promise (dare I say it?) and the potential has come with some stumbles. I realize also that I am fortunate, in retrospect, that my dealer was quite up front about the difficulties that some persons were having with AIR, even 18 months ago. So, I bought in content to have CD quality streaming. I'm also the the head of the 'simple system' club. I don't fuss with my gear, and I don't agitate about power cords, or power conditioners or NAS's or even firmware. As a result I don't make the same demands as, I think, most others here do of their systems. No surprise then that I don't have any problems. Heck, I can't even see my amp from most places in my house, so it really is 'out of sight and out of mind'. Except that I still revel in the sound it makes.

I'm very glad Devialet are aware of the problems and have not denied that problems exist. I think that Devialet is on the cusp of a significant step forward in their hardware and software. As such, I see the time frame for new software and hardware extending into 2017 as reasonable, and I think that others actually feel the same way. I still see streaming as relatively new technology and I think that it will be much different in another two or three years. As much as I dislike the volume and tone of many complaining posts in this thread and some others, I am very pleased that we had such good informative posts about what the Devialet staff said. I just wish the whole situation had been more.... graceful.

By the way, I'd like to suggest that we all owe a nod of thanks to OAC for their event. More real news (and more grief) have come out of their event, with Devialet representatives, than I ever expected. I hope they don't regret doing it! Just another reason to put Oxford on the travel agenda.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet at Oxford Audio 13th July - by Damon - 23-Jul-2016, 02:13