Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AIR petition to Devialet Management, please sign
Dear,

A few months ago, I proposed to start an online petition to ask Devialet to do something about the AIR-problem.
While a lot of people were enthusiastic, one of you reacted and proposed to explain to Devialet what I intended to do before starting the petition. 
I did that. I opened a case, explained what I intended to do.  I also asked a very simple question : give me a PC-system (make and model) that will work.
We are five months later now, and I haven't received a meaningful answer yet. At first they asked a lot of info : I used to be system and networks engineer so I provided them all the info, and more.  After that : nothing. 

Three weeks ago, I again warned support that I would take action.  Again I was promised a response, not a solution, but a response.  Needless to say that no response materialized.  Please click the line if you agree.  If you have suggestions or remarks, please feel free.
My intention is to post the petition at every review for the new products they will be announcing, something I've warned them about.
If you want to get involved, send me a PM.  I feel lonely Smile 

I really wanted to avoid this : I simply want to be happy with my purchase, purchase a second one to upgrade the config etc.

Thanks,

George

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/devialet
I've been dying to help them as an ex developer/support person/system & network engineer. They probably have quite a few customers like us who would be willing to debug for free(-ish) and a look at the source code in return for signing an NDA. The chances of this happening based on the last few year's experience is about close to zero though.
I don't know why they don't open source the AIR protocol to be honest. I can't see how they could lose commerically and would probably gain as other manufacturers could integrate it into their devices.

Rob.
I've signed out of solidarity.

To be honest though I do feel the time for more "malicious" action like the Twitter campaign Dr.Tone started had already come. But perhaps this more formal way is indeed the better one. I can be rather direct and agressive sometimes instead of politically correct and am not sure what's the best way to get the French moving. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(27-Jun-2016, 16:43)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I've been dying to help them as an ex developer/support person/system & network engineer.  They probably have quite a few customers like us who would be willing to debug for free(-ish) and a look at the source code in return for signing an NDA.  The chances of this happening based on the last few year's experience is about close to zero though.  
I don't know why they don't open source the AIR protocol to be honest. I can't see how they could lose commerically and would probably gain as other manufacturers could integrate it into their devices.

Rob.

OpenSource Air petition +1
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
(27-Jun-2016, 16:43)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I've been dying to help them as an ex developer/support person/system & network engineer.  They probably have quite a few customers like us who would be willing to debug for free(-ish) and a look at the source code in return for signing an NDA.  The chances of this happening based on the last few year's experience is about close to zero though.  

Rob.

Thanks Rob. If you could move the message to forum announcements, I would really appreciate it.
If send them more than they asked and I kept the case active by asking for feedback every two weeks.
(27-Jun-2016, 16:46)Antoine Wrote: I've signed out of solidarity.

To be honest though I do feel the time for more "malicious" action like the Twitter campaign Dr.Tone started had already come. But perhaps this more formal way is indeed the better one. I can be rather direct and agressive sometimes instead of politically correct and am not sure what's the best way to get the French moving. Smile

Thanks Antoine.  If you have friends with Devialet's please ask them to sign.
You're welcome and I will Georgethesixth.

They should either fix AIR very quickly or abandon the whole project and use a 3rd party product like the streaming module from South Korea’s Convers Digital and their associated MConnect app like Ayre does. Or use a Ravenna/Dante solution of course.

We I don't want their own crappy streaming module and Spark app supporting the ancient uPnP only (besides the lossy Airplay, Bluetooth and Spotify Connect).
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
A nicely worded and well considered petition I thought. Good work. I have singed up and added some not so nicely worded words in the comments section. Polite, but blunt!

One thought..... Is the 1000 signature target a little ambitious? Don't get me wrong, I would be delighted if you make the 1000 mark, but is this possible??
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Good initiative! Signed ofc.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
I've asked for help on the Roon forum, Head-Fi and What's Best Forum.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/812520/please-s...let-owners
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/please-...ners/11904
http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread...post401438

Perhaps others could do a similar thing on the forums they're active on. Smile

The Netherlands