Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Airplay for Phantom
(16-Dec-2016, 20:11)praetorax Wrote:
(16-Dec-2016, 19:03)misterpete Wrote:
(16-Dec-2016, 13:48)AudioMark Wrote: Have you tried a full reset? I followed the following steps. After that the system updated iitself and all worked. Wait to see tomorrow :-)
  • Unplug the ELECTRIC cable of following products: Phantom, Dialog, Internet router, WiFi router or Airport.
  • After everything is unplugged please WAIT 30 SECONDS.
  • Then, replug the devices in FOLLOWING order:
  • 1/ Internet router, wait that it’s COMPLETELY started
  • 2/ Airport or other wifi router, wait that they are COMPLETELY started
  • 3/ Dialog. Wait that the white light becomes stable white. Press 3 times on the white light. It should blink. Wait that the white light becomes stable white.
  • 4/ Your Phantoms. Once plugged, press 3 times on the button of their back. You should hear the sound of a snap and the ears should wiggle. If not, press again 3 times on the button until your hear the sound of a snap.
  • 5/ Wait that the Phantoms are „singing“
  • 6/ Start Spark app and follow EXACTLY the steps shown on Spark
  • 7/ If you have a remote, you can connect it now

Thanks for that! I have just received a replacement Dialog and realised that it is Airplay enabled. Excellent.
Screenshots please, I have the new one X03, no AirPlay...
Why can't you just trust people? What should people gain from lying about Airplay? If you want a screen shot of Airplay compatibility you'll find one in the beginning of the thread. Contact Devialet support if you have trouble, and please don't call forum members liars for not having the trouble you have.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I think Praetorax is lying about owning a dialogue

Please send a photograph of your good self holding said item, with today's newspaper and your passport, and a post-it note of your Devialet Chat ID

I will call you a dick - but of course I will apologise for calling you a dick if you send the photo

Wink
(16-Dec-2016, 22:43)Jamington2004 Wrote: I think Praetorax is lying about owning a dialogue

Please send a photograph of your good self holding said item, with today's newspaper and your passport, and a post-it note of your Devialet Chat ID

I will call you a dick - but of course I will apologise for calling you a dick if you send the photo

Wink

hahaha, nice one  Big Grin
Oracle Delphi MkVI Reference Second Generation - SME Series V - Lyra Delos 
   Expert 1000 Pro CI - Magico A3
Audioquest Niagara 3000
Nucleus+ - roon lifetime - Qobuz Sublime+
 x2 Matte Black Phantom I
(16-Dec-2016, 13:06)AudioMark Wrote:
(16-Dec-2016, 11:42)praetorax Wrote:
(16-Dec-2016, 11:35)pmichellon Wrote: I discussed several times with the customer and technical support. What they told me is that a few new generation Dialogs were probably shipped (including in French stores) before the DoS update was released. The new Dialog include a hardware update. Combined with the latest DoS update (firmware), Airplay gets activated. You need both: the new generation Dialog and the latest firmware.

In other words, if you have the former version of the Dialog, the firmware update won't provide you with Airplay capability.
If you ordered a Dialog recently, it will be the latest version which includes all the hardware changes. It will either come with the latest firmware or you will have to do the update yourself.

I suspect AudioMark got a new generation Dialog. When he updated the firmware he got Airplay.

The reason why everyone is confused (including stores) is because there's no external difference between the old and the new Dialog. Even the serial number seems not to be a reliable way to identify which is which.

Hi pmichellon, I have also just ordered the new generation dialog directly from Devialet. I instalelled it and updated but no Airplay available yet, Devialet support told me that the software for AirPlay isn't ready yet and will come with a later update. That's why I have to suspect everybody is a liar until I see a proof (screenshot).

>>I suspect AudioMark got a new generation Dialog. When he updated the firmware he got Airplay.

This must be the case. I'll post screenshots tomorrow, when I'm home

Here's the promised screenshot: Spark showing Airplay. Praetorax, the song that is playing is carefully selected for you Wink

-----
2x Phantom White, Dialog X04 with Airplay, Mac Mini with Roon Software
(16-Dec-2016, 22:43)Jamington2004 Wrote: I think Praetorax is lying about owning a dialogue

Wink

Priceless! Big Grin
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
How is AirPlay - any noticeable difference to wifi?

I know we are told wifi will be better quality than Spotify Connect and AirPlay - but in reality?

I only ever tried it through Airport Express but didn't really stop to compare
(17-Dec-2016, 12:13)Jamington2004 Wrote: How is AirPlay - any noticeable difference to wifi?

I know we are told wifi will be better quality than Spotify Connect and AirPlay - but in reality?

I only ever tried it through Airport Express but didn't really stop to compare

I can't tell the difference listening through wifi, Airport Express or Tidal listening to the same music of course. I'll have some more serious listening sessions during christmas holidays, but I don't expect any substantial differences.
-----
Cool thanks - support are hinting that my dialogue is one of the first and should have been recalled, so might get a new one!

Main benefit for me would be using the tidal app instead of Spark Smile And maybe no optical crackles or cut outs although they are quite minimal at the mo, still annoying though
(17-Dec-2016, 16:50)Jamington2004 Wrote: Cool thanks - support are hinting that my dialogue is one of the first and should have been recalled, so might get a new one!

Main benefit for me would be using the tidal app instead of Spark Smile And maybe no optical crackles or cut outs although they are quite minimal at the mo, still annoying though

>> Main benefit for me would be using the tidal app instead of Spark

I didn't think of that! I tried it and it works as well. There is a life without Spark.
-----
(17-Dec-2016, 16:50)Jamington2004 Wrote: Cool thanks - support are hinting that my dialogue is one of the first and should have been recalled, so might get a new one!

My Dialog was one of the first and I received a replacement 2 days ago.
It has the same functionality as the original the only difference I notice is that the optical socket on the rear is more secure.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire