Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet into other power amps?
(30-Jun-2016, 01:52)Dr Tone Wrote: So who has ran preamp out into other power amps?

I think I'm going to start trying some other options and see what I like or don't like in comparison to the ADH of the Devialet.  Probably start with the VX-5 Twenty from Ayre.

Being an all in one it's hard to compare the Devialet to other offerings.  Using it as a pre into a different power stage should tell me what's up when it comes to power amps at least.  After that the sky is the limit for the front end.

Dr Tone

For the last 3 weeks, I have been alternating between using my D400 as a complete system
or using it as a pre only and using a set of Classe M600 mono blocks. (c/w Nordost Hemidale interconnects) 

I found (and 4 others) the Devialet to be more natural. The Dev/Classe combo had better bass
but the mids and vocals where muddy. 

Every time I switched back to the D400's the vocals sounded so much more natural, and clearer.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

Messages In This Thread
Devialet into other power amps? - by Dr Tone - 30-Jun-2016, 01:52
RE: Devialet into other power amps? - by BrianT - 30-Jun-2016, 23:17
RE: Devialet into other power amps? - by Damon - 01-Jul-2016, 02:36
RE: Devialet into other power amps? - by f1eng - 01-Jul-2016, 17:35