Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frequency measurements with different inputs
Wow...this looks really bad..

edit: wrote the text below but see now WiFi is as bad as the "connected" USB and ethernet so it can't be the electrical interference if WiFi is just as bad when there is NO direct electrical connection made between the Mac and Devialet. If there isn't a direct connection I'd suspect a faulty Duet input board.

---
Toslink creates a galvanically isolated connection so "electrically separates" your Mac from the Devialet. If the Mac generates a lot of interference this could be the cause, but I'd say it's really bad so I myself would think something's wrong with the Duet input card. The toslink interface is, if I'm not mistaken, part of the mainboard.

You could try a complete different computer and see if this helps. Also check your earthing, are the Mac and Devialet both on the same AC circuit?

If it doens't help I'd contact your dealer or Devialet directly with these findings.

Good luck!
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frequency measurements with different inputs - by Antoine - 23-Sep-2014, 22:03