Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frequency measurements with different inputs
I also use REW and in my opinion it's very reliable. I use it with a Behringer ECM8000 measurement mic and an external M-Audio Fasttrack USB MKII USB soundcard which connects to an analog stereo input of my Devialet.

In this case it's maybe easiest to swap the Devialet with a loaner of the dealer, just swap the CF card and redo the measurements to determine if the Devialet is faulty. The USB input of the Devialet doesn't have a latency high enough to pose an issue I think. Like I said before the AIR ethernet/WiFi and USB are part of the DUET input card inside the Devialet. Toslink is part of the mainboard if I'm not mistaken. So the issue could be with this input card or something in the route to the DSP to which the other inputs are also connected.

Other option would be to lend a different type of measurement 'kit' from someone.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frequency measurements with different inputs - by Antoine - 01-Oct-2014, 16:16