Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
I received the upgrade emails today as well. Seems to be official news that corroborates the details and numbers that have been flying around here; at least the rumours have been true! I haven't been on the forum for a few days, so I apparently missed all the action.

I won't be saying good bye to Devialet at all and I doubt, at least for the moment, that I will upgrade. Certainly one reason is cost but really, I'm still extremely happy with the D120. I don't know what the upgrade cost will be in $ CDN, but we've been pretty lucky in terms of retail prices and exchange rates. Of course, I would have dismissed the idea of a $7,000.00 amp two years ago, but hearing the Devialet changed my mind on that balance sheet. So, as thumb5 says, we don't actually know what a D220 Pro sounds like so the sonic performance is only speculative. Same thing with the performance of the other components. Perhaps I (or we) will have the same sense of revelation and the cost will seem reasonable... or justifiable.

If I don't upgrade I'll have a D120, but now/soon a superseded model. Not a big deal as I still have an amp that is amazing. Same thing with my car; the new one has a turbo as standard, but the old one isn't suddenly worse for being replaced with a newer, and apparently better model.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by Damon - 26-Jul-2016, 03:12