Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
(26-Jul-2016, 03:12)Damon Wrote: I received the upgrade emails today as well. Seems to be official news that corroborates the details and numbers that have been flying around here; at least the rumours have been true! I haven't been on the forum for a few days, so I apparently missed all the action.

I won't be saying good bye to Devialet at all and I doubt, at least for the moment, that I will upgrade. Certainly one reason is cost but really, I'm still extremely happy with the D120. I don't know what the upgrade cost will be in $ CDN, but we've been pretty lucky in terms of retail prices and exchange rates. Of course, I would have dismissed the idea of a $7,000.00 amp two years ago, but hearing the Devialet changed my mind on that balance sheet. So, as thumb5 says, we don't actually know what a D220 Pro sounds like so the sonic performance is only speculative. Same thing with the performance of the other components. Perhaps I (or we) will have the same sense of revelation and the cost will seem reasonable... or justifiable.

If I don't upgrade I'll have a D120, but now/soon a superseded model. Not a big deal as I still have an amp that is amazing. Same thing with my car; the new one has a turbo as standard, but the old one isn't suddenly worse for being replaced with a newer, and apparently better model.

Damon,
The flaw in your generous approach to this quandary is that the only way you may know if the upgrade has any merit is in visiting a dealer, a dealer who will realize no immediate benefit, AFAIK,  to staging the comparison.
Some lose ends in this.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program - by Wdw - 26-Jul-2016, 03:18